PROGRESS FOUNDATION IN PARTNERSHIP WITH CEZ GROUP SUPPORTS #GENERATIAVIITORULUI (#THEGENERATIONOFTHEFUTURE)
After changing to green the future of children at the Mușătești Secondary School in 2019, the Progress Foundation continues to be actively involved in the development of projects that bring green innovation in educational institutions in Romania.
Almost 3,000 current students and teachers, as well as future generations of nine high schools will benefit from green energy starting March thanks to the initiative of the CEZ Group in Romania to install and donate to each one a photovoltaic panel plant with a power of 15 kW each.
The Progress Foundation team was a reliable help in the implementation of the project, and together with the specialists in renewable energy from the GEZ Group company, trained the high school students participating in the webinars “Laboratory of green minds”.
We do what we know best: we donate #EnergieVerde (#GreenEnergy) for #GeneratiaViitorului (#thegenerationofthefuture)
“One of the main directions we have focused on in recent years has been education. In these moments, when uncertainty prevails, we remain visionaries and we think about acting carefully for the future, wherever this future will find us. Thus, we wanted each partner high school in the Electrician Apprentice program, implemented in the 7 counties where the Oltenia Distribution operator prepares #GeneratiaViitorului (#thegenerationofthefuture), but also 2 other high schools in Constanta and Caras-Severin, where CEZ Group in Romania produces green energy , to benefit from an action with an impact on the CEZ green generation.” – Ondrej Safar, CEO CEZ Romania.
The initiative is an investment with a long-term impact, in value of 15,000 euro/each high school, funds provided by the CEZ Group in Romania. As part of the project, the Progress Foundation and a CEZ specialist held interactive courses on green energy and energy efficiency for 300 students. It is important to mention the fact that, after the completion of the works, the photovoltaic power plants will be transferred into direct administration and into the patrimony of the beneficiary town hall/high school.
“The best way to learn about green energy is to interact with the technology that produces green energy. Children’s motivations to pursue a job as electrician can be diverse, but if you see how photovoltaic panels have appeared on your school, you will clearly ask yourself a series of questions. Knowledge takes place.” – Ovidiu Ana, Development Manager Progress Foundation.
The beneficiary high schools of this project are:
– Astra High School Pitești;
– Craiova Energy Tech High School;
– Târgu Jiu Energy High School;
– A high school in Alexandria;
– Drobeta-Turnu Severin Automotive Transportation High School;
– “Ferdinand I” Technological High School Râmnicu Valcea;
– “Alexe Marin” Technological High School Slatina;
– Economic College of Banat Montan Reșita;
– A high school in Constanța.
The technical details of the investment:
- the installed power of a panel is 285 W;
- the total number of panels that form the 15 kWp photovoltaic kit is 54 pieces;
- the weight of the panel is about 18 kg;
- the estimated weight of the photovoltaic kit of 15 kWp is approximately 972 kg;
- the estimated surface that will be occupied by the 15 kWp photovoltaic kit is approximately 100 sqm with possibilities to be mounted on the roof of the buildings existing on the high schools’ premises.
#Energia pe Tik Tok (#The Energy on Tik Tok): The challenge to become content creators, through the GrEEnfluencer contest was launched to the members of the green generation, to the students of the beneficiary high schools. All they have to do is promote an action from their lives with an eco-friendly twist. The best ideas will be awarded and published on Tik Tok, on the official CEZ Romania page.